We Are Hiring
Posted September 3, 2020
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join one of London’s most well-established garden design and build practices, working out of our design studio and showroom in Wandsworth Town, London SW18.
We are a specialist garden design practice based in London, creating bespoke city-garden environments. With over 20 years’ experience creating some of London’s most inspiring gardens, we bring our clients’ lifestyle outside through transformative design, immersing them in beautiful rooms without roofs. We are seeking a dynamic, organised and proactive individual with a long-term desire for personal career growth in a rewarding new role that has the potential to be as bespoke as our design proposition.
Personal Assistant and Office Administrator (with additional growth prospects).
This unique position combines administrative responsibilities with creativity and customer relations and the opportunity to sit at the heart of our dedicated team, working alongside the Company Director, design staff and team foreman. Our chosen candidate will support in the running of our residential garden design business with tasks ranging from administrative and secretarial work through to project support and facilitating the effective running and building of projects from initial enquiry through to completion, as well as the opportunity to cultivate creative flair in other areas of the business.
The right candidate will act as the central point of contact for the business providing the link between the Company Director and team and our brilliant customer-base and whilst certain administration roles are essential to allow the Director to focus on strategic areas of business growth, this role also provides the opportunity for personal career development across multiple areas of the business subject to the successful candidate’s skill-sets.
They must share our passion for providing a positive and life enhancing experience for our clients, be a committed team player, and take pride in our offering as a company. An ability to comfortably turn their hand to multiple different types of task would also provide scope for the role to become more expansive and diverse as and when appropriate.
- Invoicing and bill-paying
- Basic HR and payroll
- Product sourcing and purchasing
- Customer and staff liaison
- General administrational support
Potential Tasks (Areas of Growth Opportunity)
- Project Management
- Social Media, Marketing and PR
Core Strengths and Skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A calm and professional manner
- Personable, hard-working and enthusiastic
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Excellent administration and computer skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (inc. Excel proficiency) and “general office process”. Preferably experience with Xero or similar accounting software
- Book-keeping and/or accountancy
- Garden/construction/interior sector
- Project, account or contracts management in a relevant field
- Social media, marketing, PR
- Creative industry eg. styling, floristry, graphics, photography
Although we encourage flexibility as a company, because this role is so central to our business it is highly preferable that our chosen candidate works primarily from our London hub. However, we are very open to identifying solutions that work for both the right candidate and the business.
Please email your cv, together with a short covering email outlining your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in this position.